Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 from The Bully Pulpit !

Happy New Year 2014
 
 
 
Wishing you all a wonderful 2014!  We had another good year on The Bully Pulpit blog as the reports from StatCounter indicate.  While the numbers are a bit lower this year than previous, this is largely my fault as I have not written as much this year as in years prior.  I want to express my gratitude to Albert Farley, Editor of the West Virginia Christian paper, and my father and mother for encouraging me to write book reviews for the paper.  Those book reviews make up the backbone of this blog.  We lost many good people in 2013 including Hope Shull of Freed-Hardeman University Library.  She contacted me a couple of years ago looking for a list of my book reviews as she was receiving requests from missionaries for such information.  She was pleased to find the blog as an accessible tool to pass onto others.  She was a very dear Christian lady.  She passed away March 10, 2103.  She will be missed by many.
 
The following chart shows the traffic we receive by country.  We hope to see these numbers and countries increase!
 
This final chart shows the distribution by State/Region:
 
 
I was visiting a bookstore the other day with my lovely wife.  I happened to notice a newer book published on the life of Theodore Roosevelt.  He coined the phrase "Bully Pulpit".  Bully, meaning superb, and Pulpit, referring to a platform.  That is what The Bully Pulpit blog is all about.  It is not about bullying as you often here in our news relating to threats, intimidation and such.  The Bully Pulpit is a blog, a virtual "platform", dedicated to religious materials of, what we hope, is of "superb" value to our readers.  Thought you might be interested in the book I saw.  I have not read it.  Maybe some day...


 
“The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace." 
Numbers 6:24-26, NKJV

No comments: